Financial Aid

Tuition Scholarships are also available. Learn how to apply.

Within the world of financial assistance, there are many different forms available to students. Scholarships are financial awards given to eligible students and do not need be repaid. Grants can be federal, state or privately issued and also do not require repayment. Loans are a form of low-interest debt that must eventually be repaid and are a good option for those who do not qualify for a grant.

The Rolf Institute administers two financial aid programs to help cover tuition (fees are not included) for students who qualify – Federal Pell Grants and Federal Direct Student Loans. Students receiving Title IV Financial Aid must maintain attendance and academic standards in order to remain eligible for continued participation.

Speak with our Financial Aid Department at 303-449-5903 x107 or for more information and details on how to see if you qualify.

Note: Only students attending the school in Boulder for the entire training are eligible for Title IV financial aid.

Net Price Calculator

We do not offer undergraduate programs, so there is no aid to first-time undergraduate students. Our program is offered in three phases. Financial aid is available to students who qualify.

Estimates do not represent a final determination, or actual award, of financial assistance or a final net price; they are only estimates based on price of attendance and financial aid provided to students. Price of attendance and financial aid availability change year to year. These estimates shall not be binding on the Secretary of Education, the institution of higher education, or the State. Not all students receive financial aid.

Some students may also be eligible for student loans. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine their eligibility for Federal financial aid. For more information on applying for Federal student aid, go to

Notification of Entrance and Exit Counseling

If you have not previously received a Direct Loan, the Federal Government requires you to complete entrance counseling to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming.

If you have received a subsidized, unsubsidized or PLUS loan under the Direct Loan Program, you must complete exit counseling each time you:

Entrance and Exit Counseling can be found at

Student Body Diversity & Graduation Rates

For statistics on the diversity and graduation rates, please view our listing in the Federal College Navigator.

Gainful Employment Disclosures

New regulations implemented by the United States Department of Education require public and non-profit institutions that participate in federal financial aid programs to report certain information about their non-degree educational programs that lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. For the The Rolf Institute, the new regulations pertain to students enrolled in our  600- and 731-clock hour Basic Rolfing Training programs.

The information presented here on total program costs, median loan debt, job placement rates and other consumer information is intended to help our certificate students make informed choices about the educational programs they pursue.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

731-hour Training Program
600-hour Training Program


In order to maintain and improve program effectiveness, the Rolf Institute monitors and reports completion, placement and licensure exam rates on an annual basis. Collected information includes name and contact information of employers, as well as other verification; and/or self-employment client logs, marketing materials, business permits and tax documents.

Rates forthcoming.

Veterans Benefits

The Rolf Institute is approved by the Colorado State Approving Agency for Veteran’s Education and Training benefits. Please apply and check with the Veteran’s Administration regarding your benefits as they apply to attend The Rolf Institute and the 600 or 731 hour program your considering to ensure it is approved for you entitlement benefits. Speak with our Financial Aid Department at 303-449-5903 x107 or for more information and details.

Return of Title IV Federal Financial Aid Funds

Students who have been dismissed, terminated or have withdrawn from the program may have to refund their Title IV financial aid funds as determined by the last day of attendance. Depending on the Return of Title IV Funds calculation, students may be asked to return funds in excess of what they have received.

The law specifies how schools must determine the amount of Title IV program assistance that you earn if you withdraw from school. The Title IV programs that are covered by this law are: Federal Pell Grants, Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOGs), and Federal Perkins Loans.

When you withdraw during your payment period, the amount of Title IV program assistance that you have earned up to that point is determined by a specific formula. If you received (or your school or parent received on your behalf) less assistance than the amount that you earned, you may be able to receive those additional funds. If you received more assistance than you earned, the excess funds must be returned by the school and/or you. The amount of assistance that you have earned is determined on a pro rata basis based on the scheduled hours as of your date of withdrawal. For example, if you completed 30% of your payment period at the time you withdrew, you earn 30% of the assistance you were originally scheduled to receive. Once you have completed more than 60% of the payment period, you earn all the assistance that you were scheduled to receive for that period.

If you did not receive all of the funds that you earned, you may be due a post-withdrawal disbursement. If the post-withdrawal disbursement includes loan funds, the school must get your permission before it can disburse them. You may choose to decline some or all of the loan funds so that you don't incur additional debt. The school may automatically use all or a portion of your post-withdrawal disbursement (including loan funds, if you accept them) for tuition, fees and books/supplies. For all other school charges, the school needs your permission to use the post-withdrawal disbursement. If you do not give your permission (which some schools ask for when you enroll), you will be offered the funds. However, it may be in your best interest to allow the school to keep the funds to reduce your debt at the school.

There are some Title IV funds that you were scheduled to receive that cannot be disbursed to you once you withdraw because of other eligibility requirements. For example, if you are a first-time, first-year undergraduate student and you have not completed the first 30 days of your program before you withdraw, you will not receive any Direct Loan funds that you would have received had you remained enrolled past the 30th day. If you receive (or the school or parent receives on your behalf) excess Title IV program funds that must be returned, the school must return a portion of the excess equal to the lesser of (1) Your institutional charges multiplied by the unearned percentage of your funds, or (2) The entire amount of excess funds. The school must return this amount even if it didn’t keep this amount of your Title IV program funds. If the school is not required to return all of the excess funds, you must return the remaining amount. Any loan funds that you must return, you (or your parent for a PLUS Loan) repay in accordance with the terms of the promissory note. That is, you make scheduled payments to the holder of the loan over a period of time.

Any amount of unearned grant funds that you must return is called an overpayment. The maximum amount of a grant overpayment that you must repay is half of the grant funds you received or were scheduled to receive. You do not have to repay a grant overpayment if the original amount of the overpayment is $50 or less. You must make arrangements with the Rolf Institute or the Department of Education to return the unearned grant funds.

The requirements for Title IV program funds when you withdraw are separate from any refund policy that the school may have. Therefore, you may still owe funds to the school to cover unpaid institutional charges. The school may also charge you for any Title IV program funds that the school was required to return. A copy of the school’s refund policy is contained in the school catalog and on this webpage.

Visit the Director of Faculty and Student Services to learn the requirements and procedures for officially withdrawing from The Rolf Institute.